17 August 2009

approaching things...

Last week was pretty exhausting. I love my family and we had lots of fun but I'm glad it's over. We ended up spending both days at MOA, visited the Japanese Garden at Normandale College, had dinner with Frank's parents, had a birthday cake and pizza for Libby, and went swimming. When we were swimming, Jim wouldn't let go of the railing, but after a while, he let me hold him up while he kicked. He was so excited, he shouted, "Mom!! Take pictures!!"...too cute.

-I finished the short row capelet that I've been working on.
Note to self: when they say dye lots in Malabrigo may vary, they aren't kidding...a big chunk of the capelet is noticeably more green. oh well...i can always say i meant to do it.
-I am attempting my first socks...using Berroco Peruvia Quick and size 8 dpns, just to get the hang of it. They don't look too bad so far...more like slippers. And of course I can't do anything that isn't challenging, so i'm making them with stripes.

-Booked our flight to Seattle for the weekend after my birthday !!!
-Emailed a bunch of stuff, posted call to artists for the handmade show I'm organizing. already got a couple people who want to do it...WOOT!

-trying not to get angry at work because it takes up time that we can be doing other stuff...

No comments:

Post a Comment